Webroot antivirus is the popular security software which secures your devices from threat like malware and viruses. It can install via www.webroot.com/safe. In this blog, you will read the different type of scans available in Webroot.
Different Types of Scans Available in Webroot:
Active Processes Scanning:
- You need to launch the Webroot SecureAnywhere screen and then choose the Gear-shaped icon.
- After this from the Utilities tab, you need to choose the System Control option.
- Now, the center screen gives you a short description of Control Active Processes.
- At this point, you have to select the Start option.
- Here, all active processes on your computer system will display on your computer screen.
- Next, select one of the radio button (Allow, Monitor, Block) which is located just next to the process according to your need.
- If the user requires more detail related to the process, then tap the one and hit on the More Info button which is present at the bottom of the screen.
- If you wish to delete the untrusted process, then tap on the Kill Untrusted Processes button.
Safestart Sand Box Scanning:
- For this, you need to choose the System Tools option which is present in the main window.
- After this, tap on Start in the System Control tab, and this will launch the SafeStart dialog box.
- Now, you need to use the Browse option in order to select the file.
- Lastly, you need to check or uncheck the box next to the feature which you wish to enable/disable.
Setup Custom Webroot Scan:
- You need to open the Webroot.com/safe antivirus software in your computer system.
- Then, tap on Settings which is located at the top of the screen.
- Now, hit on the Scan My Computer option.
- Here, you need to choose the Custom Scan button.
- After this, click on the Add File or Folder option from the list.
- Next, you need to select a file or folder to scan.
- At this point, click on the Start Scan option in order to begin the process.
Setup Schedule Webroot Scan:
- You need to launch the main window of the application and after this, scroll to the bottom.
- Then, move to the left and select the Settings option.
- At this point, a dialog box which is associated to the Webroot settings opens up on your computer.
- Here, you need to select the Scan Schedule option from the menu.
- Now, move to the center and check the box next to the Enable Schedule Scans option.
- Next, tap on the drop-down box next to the Scan Frequency field and then scroll to select an option if you boot up or a week.
- Then, set the time for the scan process in order to begin in the Time field.
The above are some of the scan processes available in Webroot antivirus. For details, visit to the site via www.webroot.com/safe.